Are you resting?

Are you resting today?  Oh, I know most of us are very busy on a Monday morning.   We may be busy working, taking care of our home, schooling our children, preparing our taxes and much more! However, are you resting?

The rest I am talking about is much more than a great nap or a good night's sleep.  The rest I am talking about is much more than a day off to shop or to watch movies.  I am talking about true rest; rest that only comes through Christ.  When we "rest" in Christ, we rest in His finished work of the cross, His deep and redeeming love for us and the fact that He won't let us go.  When our true identity is found in Christ, then we can find rest and peace in the middle of the storms of life.  We can know that in Christ we are enough.  We don't have to strive for importance or value, we already have it as a daughter of the King. I want to encourage you to take a minute today to let God refresh and remind you that only IN Christ you can find true rest.   Praying that our hearts can be in a state of rest today, no matter what we are busy doing!

 In Him,
 Melaina

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NIV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Again!

Sunshine and a Little Yellow Flower

Shining the Light