Is Today Really Good?

As I am praying and thinking about today and this weekend ahead to celebrate our Risen Lord, I am flooded with all kinds of emotions- from sadness to heartbreak to thankfulness and an overwhelming since of gratitude. Today on Good Friday, Jesus died on a cross.  He died a horrific death.  It's hard to think about and imagine that someone would do that for me.  My God died for me and guess what...He died for you too.

Let that sink in for a moment....someone else died for us...wow!

I don't know about you, but I don't know of anyone else that would die for me.  Do you?  But not only did Jesus die, he bore, accepted, took on, all of our sins.  Why would Jesus do such a thing?  It's simple really...a four letter word....LOVE.  He loves us so much that God sent his only son to die for us so that we may have eternal, everlasting life with Him one day in Heaven.  Jesus accepted our sin debt on the cross so that we wouldn't have to--Jesus paid it all.  This was God's will for His son. 

Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe,
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

Jesus' love and payment for us and everyone in the world, was His death on the cross.  He took our sins, forgives them, and marked....PAID IN FULL.  He had to die so that we may live.  But it doesn't end there.  Jesus did die, but He isn't dead.  He rose victoriously on the third day and is alive in Heaven with our Father sitting at the right hand interceding for us daily.  Praise the Lord! It's Friday, but Sunday is coming!

Is today a Good Friday? I know it is and I hope you do too.

Love in Christ,
Stacy  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Again!

Shining the Light

Sunshine and a Little Yellow Flower