Put on that Armor Girls!

Good Morning Sister!   I hope that you are having a great week and feeling God's presence with you!  We had such a wonderful time at our Ladies' Spring Tea last Saturday.  We were so blessed by the speakers, encouragement and great fellowship. Following that, were great worship services on Sunday morning and a great singing and Rootbeer Float Social Sunday evening.  However, this week I have felt very tired!  Who's with me?

Early this morning I woke up and my mind began to race with all that I have to accomplish this week.  I felt tired and discouraged.   As I began to start having my time with God (coffee with God this morning), more worries and  discouragement began to flood my mind.  I began to feel very anxious and I thought about getting up and just getting busy; afterall I have so much to do!  Then it hit me .....the Armor of God.....fiery darts of the devil....flesh and blood is not our enemy!  Everything that was talked about Saturday began to flood my mind.   Oh...ok!   Satan was busy firing away his darts of discouragement, shame, and worry and I was sitting there with God's Armor laying next to me.  In the rush of the morning, I did not "put it on".   I let my mind run wild with thoughts but meanwhile sat there vulnerable and off guard. (opposite of being alert!)  I want to encourage us all to keep God's armor on this week!  Be alert and remember we have an enemy and it's not our husband, our children, or another sister in Christ! 

Praying for you,
Melaina

10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
Ephesians 6:10-18





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Again!

Sunshine and a Little Yellow Flower

Shining the Light