Rest and Wait...

Good morning my precious friends! I hope your doing well and enjoying the beautiful summer season. It's been crazy around my house since school has been out and summer activities have begun. 

Summer season is here! What does that mean to you?...travels, vacations, late nights, fun in the sun, and outdoor activities....right?

What about REST?

Summer is very much fast paced and packed with lots of ministry with our local church family loving and ministering to others. It's fun and eventful, but we hardly slow down and take time to truly rest.  Does any of this sound familiar? Do you find yourself running around going, doing, and being all to everyone you know? I think we do it sometimes without even thinking.  We are just wired that way.  But, what if we stopped for a few minutes and truly focused on God and RESTING in Him?

I am reminded of this verse "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Be Still. Listen. Rest. Wait. Trust.

Being still takes time and implies a willingness to rest and wait on God.  Many times we don't want to wait on God and rest in Him.  We want to do things our own way, not God's way.  We know that God's way is the best, but we are so use to having things done our way and on our own time table.  We want things instantly in our instant world.  But God tells us to wait and rest upon Him, "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:30

This summer as you travel, vacation, enjoy family and friends...take time to truly REST.  Take time for yourself to refresh and rejuvenate.  Sit back, put your feet up, relax and rest putting your trust in the Lord and knowing He will give you the rest you need.

Let your body rest, let your mind rest, wait and listen for God.
 
Have a beautiful day!
Stacy 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Again!

Sunshine and a Little Yellow Flower

Shining the Light