Just Being Real

Good morning Friends!  This morning as I had quiet time, God lead me to these verses and I wanted to share with you:

 You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. 10 Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. Colossians 3:7-10 NLT

As I read over these verses, verse 8 stood out to me; "get rid of anger, rage etc"  Now, I know we have very little control over our feelings.  However, we do have control over our responses.  I am going to be very transparent here.  Sometimes I feel tired, irritable, and overwhelmed.  During those times, Chad doesn't have to do much for me to react in anger.  Yes, sometimes even rage as I am crying and throwing a fit.  Chad is not only my husband, but my best friend.  I am very comfortable around him as we have been married over 26 years now.  Unfortunately, because of that familiarity and feeling comfortable he often gets my 😠 side.  I truly feel sad about that.  However, I seem to let that become a habit.  I can hold it together for everyone else but with him, I let it all hang out.   Now, you can see why that verse stood out to me.  If I am tired, overwhelmed, sad, or whatever; it is no excuse to behave that way.  In fact, self-control is a fruit of the Spirit.   Ouch!   I truly want to do better in that area.  Why?  Let's read verse 10 again:  "be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like Him."   I want to know God more and I definitely want to be more like Him.  I must stop tolerating things in my life that grieve Him.  I know God loves me no matter what and He is a compassionate, loving God; however, His word says "get rid of it"!  Would you pray for me that I can live out the new creation that I am, even with my closest family? 

I love you all and thank you for loving me!  Together I pray we can become more and more like Christ each day.

Love,
Melaina














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Again!

Shining the Light

Sunshine and a Little Yellow Flower