Just As You Are

God loves the REAL you...

I'm so thankful that God loves the real me despite all my flaws and mess ups.  He loves us even when we feel bad, don't look well, messy hair, no make up, a little over weight and all.  We don't have to look like a million bucks for God.  He doesn't look at our outward appearance, but instead looks inside at our hearts.  He loves you just the way you are.

There are days I just don't want to dress up, put make up on, and go outside into the real world.  Often times, I'd rather stay inside with my pj's on, no makeup with messy hair and all--and that's okay.  I think we've all had days like these. I'm comfortable that way.  I often ask my husband, "Are you okay with me not wearing make up today or doing my hair?" and he always replies, "Your beautiful just the way you are.  You don't need all that to make me love you."  Well...that just melts my heart.  This is the way Jesus looks at us too.  We don't have put on a show for God, wear name brand clothes and makeup to try and impress Him.  We just have to show up, be there, and love Him too.  Be clothed in Him, not this world or the materialistic things it offers.

It's the ultimate come-as-you-are party.   God created you--drew you--from the riches of His imaginations and out of the wealth of His love and kindness.  He loves the way you are drawn--the REAL you, all natural and unadorned. The one loved by God. 

Happy Saturday loved ones! 
Stacy 

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."
 -Jeremiah 31:3









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Again!

Shining the Light

Sunshine and a Little Yellow Flower