Never Caught Off Guard

Good morning friends!  This morning I wanted to share a post with you from my personal blog.  I felt strongly that God wanted to encourage someone that might be facing something "scary" today. I hope you find encouragement and comfort in knowing that God is never caught off guard.
Love,
Melaina
******************************************************************************
Have you ever been caught off guard?  A couple of weeks ago I had a scare.  I have had a health issue that I have put off and put off.  However, the day came where I could not put it off anymore.  As a Mom and wife, sometimes I put my health on the back burner while trying to "fix" everyone else.  (Sound familiar?)  With Chad's urging I decided to go on to the doctor and much to my surprise it was not a minor thing.   In fact, I had a biopsy on the spot.....something I have never had before.  I was told that I either had something "bad" or something "really bad".   You never want to hear that! As I left the doctor's office that day I was in a daze.  I was talking to God out loud as I walked to my car.  No telling what people thought.  I said, "Oh, Lord.....wow".  That's all I could say.  I got into my car and continued the conversation all the way home.  I had ministered to others that have been in that situation but I had never personally been there.  Thoughts and fears swirled through my mind.  At that moment I felt tempted to feel all alone and abandoned.  Have you been there?  Maybe it wasn't a doctor visit.  Maybe a son or daughter delivered some bad news that left you stunned.  Or maybe a spouse walked out the door for the last time leaving you bewildered as to why.  Or maybe your boss suddenly let you know He won't be needing you anymore.   When we find ourselves in these positions, we sometimes feel as if this problem came out of nowhere; a total shock and surprise.  We often feel all alone.  However, even though it may shock us, God is never caught off guard.   This was my day.  This was my time to put into practice all that I have learned about my Father. Despite my feelings,  I wasn't alone because His Spirit was with me.  I wasn't abandoned because He promised He would never leave me.  Was this day a surprise to Him?  No.  In fact, He sees my life from beginning to end in one glance and He has a plan.  While it is true that we have no choice as to what this life brings,  we do have a choice in how we will respond to it.  Will we respond in fear or will we respond in faith?  I realized at that moment I was responding in fear.  I acted as if God was taking a vacation and not there with me.

I am blessed to report to you that the results of that Dr. visit was not the "very bad"!  However, what I thought was bad news was actually God taking care of me.  He orchestrated my circumstances in order to protect me.   I think back to the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus was betrayed by Judas.  When Jesus was arrested and being led off by a group of armed men, things looked very bad.  Peter even tried to take things in his own hands and cut off the ear of one of the guards.  However, as hard as it was to believe, God had a plan.  He had a plan that came from a heart of love.  Through His son, He was going to save the whole world.   I don't know what you are facing today.  However, God does.  Not only that, He has the solution and the strength to make it through.  Take comfort in knowing the same God that is writing your story is the same God that created you and loves you deeply.
"Abba Father", He cried out, "everything is possible for You.  Please take this cup of suffering away from me.  Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."  Mark 14:36

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Again!

Sunshine and a Little Yellow Flower

Shining the Light