When the Dust Settles

Today I was reminded of a very important thing:  this life is not about me, my will, and my plans.  Sometimes as Christians, we get so busy "doing" things for the Lord, that before we know it we are racing through each day and forget to check in with our Boss.  Now, I'm not necessarily referring to having "quiet time", reading one quick devotional and checking it off your list.  I am referring to getting still before God, opening up your heart, laying all your life and what occupies your mind and heart before Him and saying: Am I on the path YOU want me to be on?  Am I still in line and in tune with Your Spirit and will for my life?

We often start off whole-heartedly following God's plan for our life, however we find ourselves too busy and running so fast that we don't take real time to re-evaluate.  When we stop and be still before the Lord, we might find that as all the "dust" settles, that we may in fact be on the wrong path.  We started off surrendering everything to Him, but one choice at a time, we may be following OUR will and not God's.  I want to encourage you today to "be still".  Find a quiet place at a quiet time and just spend some time with God.  Ask Him to look at what keeps you busy and to cull out anything that is not His will for your life.  This will take more than 15 minutes.  You may have to stay up later, get up earlier, turn off the TV, take a walk alone; but find this time.  Often when we find ourselves in a place where we have no joy, no passion, and no strength, then we are seeking our own plans and not His plans.  As Christians we have made the choice that our lives belong to Jesus.  He has much more for us than we can even imagine if we would simply let go of our will and cling to His will for our life.   I want to encourage you to let the dust settle in your busy life today and just be still before God.


BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD. I WILL BE HONORED BY EVERY NATION.  I WILL BE HONORED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.   Psalms 46:10

Your Sister in Christ,
Melaina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Again!

Sunshine and a Little Yellow Flower

Shining the Light